Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2021-2022 Notification:
SLPRB of Assam Police has released a job advertisement for the recruitment total 2134 no. of Vacancy in AB & UB Branch. Recruitment rallies will be conducted in the districts of Assam for filling up these 705 Constable (UB) and 1429 Constable (AB) vacancy in Assam Police. Eligible candidates may apply online at official website of SLPRB Assam (www.slprbassam.in).
|Recruitment Authority||SLPRB, Assam Police|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Last Date||10 Dec 2021|
Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2021-2022 Details:
Name of Post: ConstableNo. of Posts: 2134 Category-wise vacancy: • Constable (UB): 705• Constable (AB): 1429
Pay: Pay Scale of Rs. 14000-49000/-, with Grade pay of Rs 5600.00(Pay Band-II)
Reservation: Reservation for each Armed and Unarmed branch is as mentioned below Unarmed Branch • There will be reservation for ST (P) 10%, ST(H) 5%, SC 7%, & OBC/MOBC 27%. • Thirty percent (30%) of the vacancies will be (horizontal) reserved for women candidates in Unarmed Branch of DEF.• Ten percent for EWS category.
District Wise Vacancy List of Assam Police Constable (AB/ UB):
Constable (Armed Branch):
|Name of Districts||No of Posts|
|West Karbi Anglong||11|
|Total Posts (AB)||1146|
Constable (Unarmed Branch):
|Name of Districts||No of Posts|
|West Karbi Anglong||06|
|Total Posts (UB)||565|
Eligibility Criteria of Assam Police Constable Recruitment:
Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens, permanent resident of Assam.
Age Limit: Candidate’s age must be between 18 to 25 years as on 1st July 2021 (i.e. the candidate must be born on or before 01.07.2003 and on or after 01.07.1996).
Age Relaxation: Category-wise upper age limit relaxation is as mentioned below • SC/ST(H)/ST (P): 5 (five) years• OBC/ MOBC: 3 (three) years• Home Guards/ Members of VDPs: Additional relaxation of 3 (three) years • FMMOs/SPOs: Additional relaxation of 10 (ten) years
Educational Qualification:• Un-Armed Branch (UB): H.S. or Class XII passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of Constable, Unarmed Branch, District Executive Force (DEF).
• Armed Branch (AB): H.S.L.C or Class-X passed from a recognized Board or Council for the post of constable of Armed Branch.
Note: Candidates having educational qualification Higher Secondary and above may also apply for both Armed Branch & Unarmed Branch. In such case, in the online application form, the applicant will have to clearly mention his/her preference for the posts of Unarmed Branch & Armed Branch.
However, the final decision regarding allotment of successful candidates will lie with the Chairman, SLPRB, Assam.
Employment Exchange Registration: The candidate must submit a valid Employment Exchange Registration Number while submitting the application for this recruitment.
Required Physical Standard for Assam Police AB/ UB Constable Posts:
Candidates have to fulfill the following physical standard to become eligible for Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2022.
1. Height (Minimum):
|Category||Male & Trans.||Female|
|General||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|OBC/MOBC||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|Schedule Caste||162.56 cm||154.94 cm|
|Schedule Tribes||160.02 cm||152.40 cm|
2. Chest (Only for Men):
|General||80 cm||85 cm|
|OBC/MOBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|Schedule Caste||80 cm||85 cm|
|Schedule Tribes||78 cm||83 cm|
Selection Process/ Syllabus of Police Constable Recruitment:
The selection process for recruitment of Assam Police Constable (AB/ UB) consists of the following Tests:
1. Physical Standards Tests (PST): After the documents are found correct, the candidates will have to appear in the PST (Physical Standard Test). It will carry no marks. Measurement of the height, weight of all the candidates & chest of only male candidates will be done using latest technology and after which the candidate will be examined by a Medical Officer for preliminary check-ups like knock knee, vision test, colour blindness test, flat foot, varicose vein, physical deformities etc. Once acandidate clears the PST, he/she will have to appear in the PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): 40 Marks for Constable (UB/ AB) FEMALE CANDIDATES & 60 Marks for Constable (AB) Male Candidates :
# For Male Candidates:(a) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 3200 mtrs. race to be completed within 14 minutes (840 seconds).(b) Long Jump: Minimum 335 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks)
# For Female Candidates:(a) Race: Those who qualify in the PST will be subjected to 1600 mtrs. race to be completed within 8 minutes (480 seconds).(b) Long Jump: Minimum 244 cm for long jump (3 chances to be given and the longest valid jump rounded off to the nearest cm will be considered for awarding marks).
3 Written Test:
Written test will consist of 45 multiple choice type questions to be answered on an OMR answer sheet. For each correct answer the candidate will get one mark. Total marks for the Written Test will be 45. There will be no negative marking. The questions will cover the following subjects:
Syllabus for Written Tests:
I. Elementary ArithmeticII. General EnglishIII. Logical reasoning/Mental abilityIV. Assam’s History, Geography, Polity, EconomyV. General Awareness/General Knowledge and current affairs
The question paper for Written Exam will be in the following languages: Assamese/ Bodo/ Bengali/ English.
Final Merit List: The final merit list for appointment will be prepared on the basis of performance of the candidates in both PST/PET and written test.
How to Apply for Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2021-2022:
Interrsted candidates who are eligible for these Assam Police Constable (AB/ UB) vacancy may apply online by visiting SLPRB official website (www.slprbassam.in).
Required Documents to Upload:
• Passport Size Photograph.• Signature.• HSLC Admit Card (Age Proof).• HSLC and HS Pass Certificates.• HSLC and HS Pass Marksheets.• Employment Exchange Registration Number.• Caste Certificate (If Applicable).• PWD Certificate (If Applicable).• Home Guard Certificate (If Applicable).• Experience Certificate (If Applicable).• Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC).• Transgender Certificate issued by Competent Authority, if any.• EWS certificate from Competent Authority, if any.
Important Dates of Assam Police Constable Recruitment 2021-22:
• Starting date of online application: 10th December 2021• Last date of online application: 9th January 2022
Advertisement: Click Here
Online Application: Click Here
Official Website: slprbassam.in